So before I get into the specifics of where we are financially in this campaign, let me first remind all of us that this campaign is not about increasing the name of Elevate Church, but about ELEVATING the name of JESUS in our city and increasing His platform. I honestly believe that God is building His Church and we simply are tasked with the responsibility ofSharing the Message of Jesus – And Serving the Mission of Jesus.
And what we are experiencing is NOT NORMAL!!! I’ve been a devoted Christ follower for almost 20 years and have NEVER been a part of anything like this! We’re seeing people far from God meet Christ, addicts being set free, marriages being restored, teenagers making the decision to follow Christ rather than the crowd, children who LOVE coming to church…and so many other things that I could not write about them right now!!!
So while I am going to share with you our current financial picture, I don’t want you to get lost in the numbers or feel overwhelmed. If it’s God’s will – It’s God’s bill.
To date we have received $151,043 of the $306,725 that was pledged. That’s about 49%. And because of that, we’ve been able to move ahead and begin some of the initial demolition and construction. With the help of some incredible volunteers and our General Contractor and team, we have:
- Pulled out carpet, ceiling tiles, acoustic panels, wire, walls, trees, concession stand, and ticket booth.
- Removed and replaced old bathroom stalls and fixtures.
- Filled in all 6 theaters with fill and have already poured the floor in our Elevate KIDS area.
- Framed out rooms, ran electrical lines, water lines, new plumbing, and created 2 new family restrooms in our Elevate KIDS area.
- Removed two giant load-bearing walls and mounted new steel in our main Theater/Auditorium.
- Scraped glue off of all theater walls and a ton of other things…
BUT THERE IS STILL SO MUCH MOR
So far we have spent $207,268. And have a balance left of around$529,175.
So the obvious question is where is that going to come from? Well, after the outstanding pledges of $155,682 come in, we will be left with a new balance of $373,493.
And where is that coming from you ask? That’s why we are taking the last Sundays in May, June, July, and August and asking everyone to give $100 above and beyond their tithe. In addition, EVERYTHING that you bring on those Sundays will go straight to Step Up and the new building.
Thank you Elevate for continuing to give to the Step Up campaign. Because of your generosity we will be able to create more opportunities to share the Gospel in our city
The best is on the way!