1. Let me start by celebrating the 6 people that made decisions to give their lives to follow Christ this past Sunday at Elevate! God has a plan for each one of them and I can’t wait to see how lives continue to be transformed.
2. Also I wanted to thank Pastor Andy Kerr again for bringing a word! He absolutely killed it!
3. The answer is Yes! “Yes, to what” you ask? Yes, you should absolutely take a trip to Israel. If you ever get the chance, it will radically change your life and they way you understand and read the bible. Especially if you are a visual learner like me. It takes God’s word from black & white text, to technicolor. It is unbelievable! I’m hoping to lead a trip in the next couple of years for around 15-20 people, so start planning.
4. Here’s the big bold statement of the century… The month of November at Elevate will set the trajectory of this church for the next 5 years! I know this is getting to be a super busy time of year, but do whatever you need to do to be sure that you don’t miss a single Sunday. I’m just saying…It’s time for us to step up and step into all that God has destined for His church here in our city!
5. Our goal as a church is to LIVE GENEROUSLY. That means giving back into our community and around the world, as well as serving with our gifts in the local church. As a church you are blowing us away with your heart to Live Generously! In fact I just heard about one of our small groups reaching out to a single mom and helping her redo her basement…that is so awesome!
And again this week, through our ONE for ONE efforts, we were able to help Shares of God’s Love with a check for $2000 to help buy winter coats for children in our city. You can be a part of passing out those coats this Saturday at 12:30 at the Wayne Park Baptist Church.
6. One more thing. This weekend at Elevate, I will be sharing some stuff that I learned in Israel that absolutely rocked me. And this Sunday will be a crystal clear presentation of the Gospel, so do whatever you can to bring your friends that don’t normally step foot into church (except during Chr-easter). Jesus wants to use us in the process of pursuing others. He has placed us in relationships at work, at school and online so that we can leverage our relationships for the Gospel, so more people can come to know Him. Don’t just take my word for it…check out 2 Corinthians 5:11-21!
See you Sunday!